In production and life, for some equipment, especially mechanical equipment, manufacturers often do relevant anti-corrosion treatment, and this anti-corrosion treatment does not simply mean to prevent products from rusting, but also has other aspects of anti-corrosion effect, and sacrificial anode is one of the most representative anti-corrosion materials. So, what is sacrificial anode? What are the protective materials for common sacrificial anodes?
According to the industry experts specializing in the research and development and production of aluminum alloy anode products, the composite sacrificial anode is composed of magnesium coated zinc. The high driving potential of magnesium anode is used to meet the requirements of large initial cathodic polarization current of pipeline, and the high current efficiency of zinc anode is used to prolong the service life. Low current and low resistivity structures are usually required for environmental applications. In addition, when there is no power supply conditions or uneconomical situation, it has application value.
At present, the common anode materials for sacrificial anode protection in practical application are as follows:
1. Aluminum sacrificial anode: it is mostly used for cathodic protection of metal structure in seawater environment or bottom plate of crude oil tank, and its electrode potential is -1.05vcse.
2. Magnesium sacrificial anode: magnesium anode can be used in soil or fresh water environment with resistivity ranging from 20 ohm to 100 ohm. The potential of high potential magnesium anode is -1.75vcse, and that of low potential magnesium anode is -1.55vcse.
3. Zinc sacrificial anode: zinc anode is mostly used in soil environment or seawater environment with soil resistivity less than 15 ohm, and electrode potential is - 1.1 vcse.
4. Back packing: when packing is used, the current output efficiency of anode is improved. If the anode is directly buried in the soil, the anode will corrode itself due to the uneven composition of the soil, thus reducing the anode efficiency. Filler function: one is to keep moisture, reduce the anode grounding resistance, the other is to make the anode surface uniform corrosion, improve the anode utilization efficiency.
5. Strip anode: in order to reduce the grounding resistance of anode, magnesium anode or zinc anode are sometimes used. The anode strip is laid along the protected structure to make the current distribution more uniform. When the anode strip is laid along the pipe, it should be connected to the pipe at intervals. The distance should not be too large, because with the consumption of anode, the cross-sectional area decreases, and the resistance of anode strip will gradually increase. In order to reduce the voltage of 305 meters along the anode. The general specification of ribbon anode is 19x9.5mmx305m per coil.
Shandong Linyi Bosi conductive materials Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the production of MMO flexible anode, conductive polymer flexible anode and titanium coated anode, mainly providing corrosion protection, cathodic protection, engineering design, installation and technical services.